Beautiful and Joyful Contemporary Statue. Hand carved in Bali by master crafters.
- Ethically Sourced: No Middlemen, Purchased Direct from the original carver. Fairtrade.
- Hand carved from exotic Suar wood — a lovely, cross grain wood that will last you for years.
- Ships from Hillingdon, UB10.
- Weight: 1 kg approximately.
- Height 35 cm x Width 20 cm x Depth 10 cm.
This superb piece was custom made for The Bali Shop. One of my favourite statues — a dancing plus size figure.
I call it Ode to Joy.
From start to finish, this statue takes about 3 weeks to complete. It starts with one person working on the basic carving. Then the piece is left to dry in the sun for about 1 week. Then another craftsperson takes over to do more finely detailed carving and then, finally, the statue goes to another crafter for sanding and fine polishing with stained wax.
Lovely conversation piece — great gift for an art lover or anyone who needs a little more joy in their lives.