Amazing Turtle Stool — Handcarved in Bali by Master Crafters
- Ethically Sourced: No Middlemen, Purchased Direct from the original carver. Fairtrade.
- Hand carved from exotic Suar wood — a lovely, cross grain wood that will last you for years.
- Height x Width x Depth: 60 x 50 x 50 cm.
- Weight: Heavy — approx 12kg.
- Located in Ruislip, HA4.
- Great Gift for Sea Life Lover or Child’s Bedroom
Beautifully Detailed Turtle Stool.
From start to finish, this statue can take up to 12 weeks to complete. It starts with one person working on the basic carving. Then the piece is left to dry in the sun for about 1 week. Then the crafter comes back to do more finely detailed carving.
At this point, the wood is still quite wet and it will now be left to stand for a long time. As long as a month. Over this period, any cracks that emerge will be fixed and then, once the wood seems dry enough, the statue finally goes to another crafter for sanding and fine polishing.
Even after 12 weeks, the statue can still be too wet (high in moisture content) to safely ship and will probably need another month or two before it’s ready for a dry, cold climate like the UK in Winter.
The statue will usually stand at the crafter’s place unwaxed / stained until an order is confirmed and then a crafter will finally finish off the statue and prepare for shipping.
This superb piece was custom made for The Bali Shop.